What does it cost to engage a town planner?
A standard hourly charge for a town planner is between $150-$300 AUD.
The fees charged depend on the consultancy size, experience and the project.
What should you budget for town planning fees?
If you are seeking initial town planning advice we recommend budgeting $500 for smaller projects and $1200 for slightly larger ones.
JREY offers a service for initial enquiries named the Preliminary Planning Review [PPR]. The PPR starts at $500+gst for one off requests.
Once you are ready to obtain development approval you will require the development assessment service.
- Minor projects start around $2,000.
- Small project start around $3,000.
- Small-Medium project start around $4,000.
The indicative fees above are for private town planner fees and do not account for Council fees or other consultant costs.
- A DA for a new house requiring a development approval will cost approximately $5,000 in Brisbane. This includes Council fees and private town planner fees. It does not include any fees to prepare plans or infrastructure charges (where applicable).
- A DA for a 1 into 2 lot subdivision will cost approximately $10,000. This includes Council fees, private town planner fees and costs for a surveyor. It does not include any fees to prepare plans or infrastructure charges (where applicable).